Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ooo Rainbow Cake

Thanks to Aleta Meadowlark at Omnomicon for the most fun, colorful cake ever!!!

I saw this rainbow cake recipe a little while ago and couldn't resist. Let's be honest, I'm not a kitchen guru so I fully appreciate and love folks that are able to make delicious goodies. This cake is about my speed...it's easy and mostly involves mixing colors (aka. arts and crafts class). MG and I had a blast squeezing gel food color and mixing insane batter colors. It was messy, delicious and the perfect creation for my friend Karly's birthday. Shh...she's only getting it tomorrow...I'll post another photo once it's sliced.

So if you're looking for a little unhealthy, but tasty fun or a great time with your kids, bake a rainbow cake. Trust me, it's sure to bring a smile to all.

PS - if you're nervous about the sugar free pudding and diet soda, no worries I skipped them both. I baked this cake with regular Sprite and it came out just fine.

-BAKING HAPPINESS ONE CAKE AT A TIME-




4 comments:

and bubs makes three said...

can't wait to munch on that tomorrow!

thehornefamily said...

birthday girl here! :) Not only was this the prettiest birthday cake ever- it was beyond delicious. SUPER moist and yummy! Thanks Michelle...definitely going to use this recipe!

and bubs makes three said...

it was totally divine!!!!!!

lindsaydev said...

I made this yesterday for a building event!!
...I felt very domestic.