Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Friendly Jam Tart

Sorry folks, there'll be no Crafty Kids this weekend ... I ran out of time because I was lucky enough to spend some time with old friends. Thanks Bettina for coming to town and getting us all together. It was a pleasure!

So to make up for the lack of craftiness, I'm posting my Granny's jam tart recipe. It's a family classic that she served to her tea party ladies and I remember my mom always doing the same. It's yummy, easy, pretty and sure to please.

Ingredients:
1/4 lb butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
a jar of good jam (any flavor though raspberry, strawberry or apricot are best)

- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar
- Add 1 well beaten egg and vanilla, mix well
- Add sifted together flour and baking powder, mix well
- Spread 1/2 dough in pie plate
- Spread jam on dough
- Press remaining dough into a ball and grate over the jam
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar, enjoy!

PS - MG met her twin Madeleine today ... in looks and personality it was amazing to see! They were very cute together - though I think MG wanted to make sure that Sam is still her man (notice her clinging to him in the group shot)

- HAPPY TIMES WITH OLD FRIENDS -


No comments: