Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Wash Scrubbies

If you love sewing and you're like me, you've probably got a stash of fabric scraps that you can't stand to part with. Seriously, I bought a bag of scraps at a Denyse Schmidt workshop and have been adding to it for years. I think it's growing overnight, but I love them all!

So what to do with them? Make personalized baby gifts of course! Maybe this little free sewing project will help you out...
1. Have fun diving through your scraps and find a few favorites.
2. Quilt them into 5 inch squares - there's no rules, so have fun!
3. Cut a new washcloth into 5 inch squares (Homegoods always has them on sale, yay)
4. Sew right sides together, leaving a gap for flipping right side out.
5. Flip and sew 1/4 inch from edge to finish.
6. Add a pretty ribbon and give to a favorite friend's baby for bath time.

PS - I'll be adding some of these to my etsy store later this week for your giving pleasure

- KEEPING BABIES CLEAN AND HAPPY -


1 comment:

and bubs makes three said...

i'm a favourite friend yay!!!! you make everything sound so easy!!!!