Monday, April 13, 2009

Wush Wush Tea

Hope you had a happy Easter! We had a great weekend with friends and family - speaking of, WELCOME baby Brighton and happy baptism baby Ivy!

On to the wush wush tea...as you know I'm mildly obsessed packaging design. Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd and, yes, one of the major highlights when I travel internationally is going to the grocery store. I love scoping what products and foods are popular and how they're marketed. You really can learn a lot about a culture by the everyday items that they buy. So I couldn't resist asking my dad to bring me something from Ethiopia. He totally delivered with this beautiful set of teas - they're colorful and lively, just like the Ethiopians he visits. Plus the names are very fun - just wish I could read "amharic" to figure out what all it says. So next time you're on an adventure, consider taking a grocery store detour. You never know what you may discover...

-HAPPY TEA FOR A BEAUTIFUL CULTURE-

No comments: