Thursday, April 16, 2009

Upcycled Zinnia Bangles Tutorial

I'm a huge fan of upcycling. AKA - taking something old or no longer useful and making it into something new. With that in mind, I figured it was time to do an upgrade with the zillion random bangles lying around my house. Yeah, most were from fashion fads long gone. Anyway, they turned out to be quite snazzy, so I thought it would be a fun free project to share with you all.

What you'll need:
- any bangles you can find (plastic, wood or metal)
- ribbon, yarn & scrap fabric cut into strips
- buttons and beads
- glue gun
Dab a little glue on the bangle to secure one end of your yarn, ribbon or fabric to it. Then wrap around the whole bangle and glue the end in place. Careful with your fingers and the hot glue - I almost made my thumb a permanent accessory on the green bangle! Once it's covered, add a doo-da of your choice (button, bead, sequins, etc). Ta-da, boutique style jewelry with no cost to you. Plus, they make great eco-friendly birthday and mother's day gifts! Make a few and you're sure to make someone happy too!

- UPCYCLING MAKES THE EARTH HAPPY -


No comments: