Sunday, May 24, 2009

Garden Nerd

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a big gardening nerd. No seriously, I am and I'm okay with it. Now I'm not growing anything as fancy as a Victory garden, but I am quite chuffed (that's South African for "proud/pleased/excited") about my little nook of flowers.
My latest obsession is irises. They come in so many amazing colors, plus they have fun names like "Bewilderbeast" and "Anvil of Darkness". Even if you don't like flowers, the names are fun to check out. Last summer I was lucky enough to snag a bunch of "named" irises from an even more obsessed grower on etsy. After a year of waiting, they've finally bloomed! Talk about patience paying off and with very little effort. So, if you're looking for something different in your garden or flowers that make you look like you have more gardening skills than you do, give irises a try. They're sure to bring happiness and a bit of wow.

- SOMETIMES HAPPINESS TAKES PATIENCE -




No comments: