Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Tee Tutorial

Happy June everyone! Thought I'd sneak in a couple more free tutorials before baby 2 arrives - I can't believe it's next week, so exciting! I've noticed a ton of number t-shirts lately in boutiques as well as etsy. They're not cheap, so I figured why not make a little project out of them? They're a great birthday gift for little ones, plus they make for good photos on the big day. I also figure I'm going to need a cheat sheet when I'm old & gray so that our kids will know which birthday they were celebrating in the pics!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- a t-shirt
- fusible web
- an iron
- fabric scraps
- sewing machine (optional)
- scissors
-computer or your imagination
These can be made with the kid's age in numbers (2, 3, etc) or with candles (see pic). Using your computer, print out a big number as a guide or go crazy and cut out your shapes freestyle - the cupcake is super easy. Follow the directions on the webbing to create fabric stickers. For the one I use, all you do is iron the fabric to one side, cut out the shape you want, remove the paper and iron it to the tee. It's so much fun! Once you have all your pieces stuck to the tee, stitch around the shapes to secure them. This step is not necessary (especially if you're not sewing savy), but it will make the shirt last longer. Finally, if you want, add embellishments like buttons or rhinestones for sparkle. Give em away, dress up your little one or celebrate yourself - happy birthday all around!!

- CELEBRATING HAPPY BIRTHDAYS AT ANY AGE -

No comments: