Friday, February 20, 2009

Introducing Font Fridays!

My dad (and boss) is the master of fonts. No seriously - most men play golf in their free time, my dad designs fonts. Every vacation we went on growing up, half of the photos were us, the other half were signs, packaging, etc for font ideas. I kid you not! Needless to say, I have endless appreciation and respect for what makes a great font and every time I use one in my design work I think a little more about where it may have come from.

So I've decided to feature one of his fonts from Wilton Foundry every Friday. For those designers out there, it may show you a little something you haven't seen before and may be needing. For everyone else, it could be an interesting chance to think about using something other than Arial or Times Roman next time you write a letter or send a card.

Every font has a story - hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

~DESIGNING FONT HAPPINESS ONE LETTER AT A TIME~

No comments: