Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Exits!

If you're anything like me, you have at least one spot in your home that bugs you. You know, it just doesn't feel right or maybe it seems a bit unfinished. Well, one of my so-called "waiting to be glorious" spots is the next to the front door. Every time I leave the house I think, "hmmm, not so great". So I decided to give it about 4 minutes thought yesterday - if it couldn't be helped quickly, it wasn't going to happen. You know McB was running around with the hammer, so speed was of the essence...

Anyway, I did a quick dig in the attic for some antique letters (they were in my living room up north for ages) and grabbed one of MG's "real" paintings (painted on proper canvas) and grouped them with a painting that my dad made me for Christmas a while back. Hammer, hammer, hammer and ta-da! It's bright, cheery and very colorful. Plus all the pieces remind me of what's most important every time I leave the house to tackle the world - imagination, creation, family, friends and love!

So pick a spot, any spot, that bothers you and give it about 4 minutes. It's just enough time to get things done without over-thinking it. I know that's the biggest challenge for some of you, so give it a try. You'll be amazed at what can happen! And if you change your mind in a weeks time, give it a change again. Nothing is final and it's just walls! Happy arranging!
-HAPPY GLORIOUS SPOTS-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing much better than have a good couple of traditional athletic shoes.Asics Tiger Shoes When onitsuka tiger shoes becomes to the best vintage footwear on the market, the onitsuka tiger shoes is the best selection around. This running shoe is almost perfect.Belstaff Mens Bags The performance that onitsuka tiger mini may easily achieve is great and onitsuka tiger rotation 77 one of the most eye-catching and classy shoes out there.language learning software If you are contemplating buying some sneakers, then this shoe deserves to always be first choice to purchase. This is one kind of shoes you are not likely to regret.Louis Vuitton Outlet