Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Sewing!

Ahhh Spring is in full swing and I LOVE 80 degree weather! Plus all the other springish bonuses - lime green trees, fuschia flowers, sitting on the porch and digging in dirt. You know, all the good stuff! Last night I even made pasta with a sage brown butter using goodies from my garden. And everyone ate it, success!

Anyway, I always try to stick to knitting when it's chilly cause it seems like torture to think of wearing a sundress while you're freezing. But at the first sign of flip-flop weather summer sewing is a go. So yesterday I sewed a ton of burlap bags for the Craft Social "seed bomb" workshop next week. Briar had fun playing with all the "itchy bits" - aka. scrap burlap. And I didn't have fun cleaning them up later!

But the most fun I've had in a while was something that's been on my craft "to do" list forever... last night I finally upcycled a thrift store skirt and tshirt into a sundress (70% off = $1.30 total). It was a bit of trial and error, but a super easy way to make a cheap, cute dress. I cut off the bottom of the skirt to create the sash, re-hemmed the skirt, attached it to the shirt, then sewed & attached the sash using a seam in the front and the skirt loops in the back. The skirt even has pockets as a bonus, yay! Really very easy, you can do it! Next time I think it'll be an even quicker process... Thanks Toya for the company and tech support! Summer here we come!!
-HAPPY SPRING SUN-



1 comment:

Misty said...

YOU are the BEST, I just adore you and your inspirational "all things crafty" :)))