Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Behance

It's going to be a quickie post today - lots of exciting design work in the pressure cooker this week. I can't wait to share it with you, but it's top secret for now. If I told you, I'd have to pinch you ("kill" sounds way too harsh for brand identities!).

Anyway, I thought I'd touch on a topic that's super important for designers, illustrators and creative types alike... the dreaded self-promotion. Blahhh! Not so fun, but definitely necessary. Many of you, I'm sure, have a portfolio on Coroflot (which is great) but I'm a much bigger fan of Behance. It has a really clean and simple format (always my fav design-wise) and it's a great platform for showcasing your work and gaining exposure. Plus has some amazing job listings, always fun! If you have a minute, check out my brother's insane portfolio here.

And for those of you non-creatives, who are big fans of out-of-the-box thinkers, check it out. You will find some amazing work and it may even be a great resource for your business!

-SELF-PROMOTION CAN BE HAPPY (& PRETTY)-


No comments: